Stack your virtual shelves with the best-selling items on Etsy and boost your sales and traffic. With over 96 million active buyers in 2021 and beginner-friendly policies, Etsy is one of the most popular eCommerce marketplaces. With affordable listing costs and access to a large online market, it can be very profitable for entrepreneurs.
To help you make more sales, we found some of the best-selling items on Etsy that people are willing to spend money on. From jewelry stores, creative stickers, and handmade invitations to selling digital prints on Etsy. We’ll cover it all.
Find out what top Etsy sellers are offering, what the public is digging, and sell on Etsy with ease while customers browse through your top-selling items.
How to Know What Sells Well on Etsy
Before we get into the list of the top-selling items, here are some helpful tips on how you can keep an eye on what to sell on Etsy. Whether opening a new Etsy store or exploring new categories for an existing shop, Etsy bestsellers are must-haves if you want to rank high among your competition.
- Research Trends. Use tools like Google Trends or Think With Google to find the current buzz. What are buyers searching for, what’s trending, and how to optimize your listings to rank number one. Use popular trends and Etsy SEO to dominate the market.
- Check Statistics. Home & Living, Art, and Jewelry are the top three categories on Etsy. How can you know that? Check Statista and other reliable sources for valuable statistics and data to understand what to sell on Etsy. Follow statistics and make informed decisions on your Etsy products.
- Use Etsy Itself. Etsy search works wonders not just for browsing products but for popular trends as well. Search “Trending now” or “Popular right now” and explore all the top hits within the marketplace. You can also check Etsy’s Trend Report with the latest market insights.
- Research Competitors. See what your competitors are doing and succeeding in. Browse top-selling Etsy merchants and their offers. From handmade items and personalized mugs to selling t-shirts on Etsy. See what products put them on top, and integrate them into your digital Etsy shelves.
Best-Selling Product Categories on Etsy in 2022
Let’s look at the most successful product categories for Etsy in 2022 and some creative product options for your online store. From jaw-dropping jewelry items to selling candles. We have it all. Without further ado, let’s jump into the best-selling categories on Etsy and see what you can offer your customers to make your sales the bomb.
Fashion Accessories: Some of the Best-Selling Items on Etsy
Personal accessories rank high on the list of Etsy bestsellers. Accessories are a broad category with a superb range of products your customers will love. From handmade items to chic products complementing every outfit. Among the top-selling accessories, you will find:
- Bags. Every shape, size, and style. From shoulder bags and drawstrings to tote bags, fitness bags, and stylish backpacks. Design practical and stylish accessories, and sell them on Etsy for ultimate success.
- Scarves. A beautiful scarf fit for every outfit or season is always a good addition to your wardrobe. From complementing an attire to protecting from the wind. Scarves are a must.
- Belts. They will not only hold your pants up but add a special touch to an outfit that needs a little “something” for the final look.
- Hats. Where would we be without hats? From saving us on a bad hair day to shading us from the sun and adding a pinch of personality. Bucket hats, beanies, trucker caps, and more. The options are endless.
- Barefoot sandals. This latest trend is a newcomer on Etsy and looks like it’s here to stay. Barefoot sandals or feet thongs add an elegant vibe to the accessory game.
- Sunglasses. Stylish and chic shades are among the best-selling accessories worldwide. From practical protection to modern accessorizing, sunglasses are a must-have.
- Facemasks. Forget hiding from outside threats in lame and boring masks. A splash of color and design can make even a regular facemask part of an outfit.
Jewelry: Explore Personalized Jewelry Options
Jewelry is a classic eCommerce product with universal appeal. The global jewelry market is forecast to grow by $307 billion by 2026. This is the perfect time to start your own online jewelry store and become a leading seller on Etsy by selling jewelry of all shapes, styles, and sizes.
There’s a wide range of jewelry offered on Etsy. Key categories include:
- Body jewelry.
Under these broader categories, you can find pendants, chokers, braided bracelets, signet rings, and even chandelier earrings. While body jewelry is a whole other category to discover. From various types of body chains to piercings and more. Appeal to different audiences by selling jewelry items on Etsy.
Our jewelry box is an ideal addition to every jewelry product collection. The box is made from high-quality hardwood, providing a glossy finish your customers will love. Available in three colors, the ceramic tile fitted in the lid is ready for sublimation print and completely customizable with your winning design.
Crafts and Supplies: Get Crafty by Selling Stickers on Etsy
Since jewelry is one of the top-selling categories, people turn to Etsy for matching crafts and supplies to make the perfect bejeweled accessories. While unique handmade or vintage items were the original products intended for Etsy, craft supplies have long been a growing category.
What to find under the craft supplies section
- Crafting Tools and Kits
- Pressed Flowers
Crafts and stickers sell well. Offering such merchandise online is a method of providing personalized items that most Etsy sellers don’t offer.
Wedding and Party Supplies: Sell Cards, Balloons, and More
The next trending category is wedding supplies and party decorations. Event essentials offer a wide range of products to start selling in this product niche. Depending on the state, US weddings have an average spend of over $50,000. Break into this market and start offering customized event products today.
Within the Etsy marketplace, the wedding and party category can be broken down into various products to inspire your store. Key wedding and party product categories include:
With the peak wedding season in full swing, browse the list of various wedding gifts and supplies to sell on Etsy. You can offer everything from handmade items, party decorations, wedding supplies, and gift ideas.
Perfect for adding a fresh style to your customer’s festive season, our custom gift wrapping comes in 95GSM high-quality satin finish paper. Made from sustainably sourced paper or wood, this eco-friendly product is recyclable. Available in two sizes, customize one side of the wrapping paper with your seasonal designs.
Clothing: Sell Shirts and Other Apparel on Etsy
The global apparel market is predicted to increase rapidly to over two trillion dollars by 2026. This offers an expanding, lucrative market worldwide to start making money. As one of the top product categories on Etsy, many top Etsy sellers focus on apparel.
This broad category under the site covers everything apparel-related. Within these subcategories, you can find a wide range of apparel with the potential to become best-selling items on Etsy.
- Shirts. Selling shirts on Etsy of all shapes, styles, and sizes is a guaranteed money-making idea. From best-selling tees to V-necks, crop tops, Hawaiian shirts, and sleeves of all lengths. Strive among other Etsy shop owners with custom shirts for everyone.
- Hoodies. Stack your Etsy shops with the evergreen hoodies and appeal to those who love comfort and style combined in one. Hoodies are an all-seasons item, perfect for your unique designs and style ideas.
- Swimwear. Bikinis, swim trunks, one-pieces. Swimwear is among the best-selling items on Etsy with its diversity in shapes, styles, sizes, and designs. From tropical prints to classic colors. It’s a must-have offer during the summer season.
- Sweatshirts. You can always turn to the well-trusted sweatshirts for a more sophisticated and cozy look. Paired with a good pair of jeans or leggings, a custom sweatshirt will fit everyone’s wardrobe.
- Dresses and Skirts. For your stylish lady customers, custom skirts and dresses are the perfect vintage items to sell on Etsy. You can have a successful Etsy shop with the right vibe and designs in no time.
- Shorts. Running down Malibu beach in custom shorts is an idea that will appeal to your customers looking for something stylish during the summer. From workout to jean shorts and ones for a more sophisticated look. Shorts are perfect for your Etsy shop.
- Pajamas. From comfy pajama dresses to shorts, pants, and custom sets. Custom pajamas are the ideal custom apparel to sell on Etsy. Everybody loves comfort, a soft and snuggly touch, while wrapped in style.
- Robes. Whether a silky smooth kimono-style robe or a fluffy bathrobe that makes you feel like you’re hugging a bunny. Robes provide comfort, warmth, and sensual touch to everyday settings, bachelorette parties, and more.
Journals and Notebooks: Sell Custom Materials for Creatives
Customized notebooks and journals are ideal for taking notes, journaling, writing lists, drawing, sketching, and just about any other form of creative expression your customer can find. The enthusiasm to write stuff down appeals to many customers who browse Etsy for cute and trendy designs.
Who wants to write their daily tasks, travels, ideas, draw, or express themselves in a boring journal or notebook? Nobody. The prettier the cover, the more creativity flows in the writing or drawing process. That’s why custom journals and notebooks are among the best-selling items on Etsy.
Home Decor: Sell Candles on Etsy + Other Cozy Ideas for Your Home
Home decor offers plenty of options to create best-selling items on Etsy. With the annual US home decor market forecast to grow to over $202 billion by 2024, this is a rapidly expanding category for successful Etsy shops.
This broad category covers anything that can help make your customer’s home cozier. Homeware and furnishing was one of the top six categories in 2020. But home decor covers much more than that. Can you make money selling candles on Etsy? Or pillows? Or Rugs? Absolutely. Top Etsy searches within this category include:
These are the ideal products to sell on Etsy that will make your customer’s house a home.
Art & Collectibles: Sell Prints on Etsy
With a focus on handmade products, Etsy offers a wide selection in the arts and collectibles category. With global online art sales topping $13.6 billion in 2021, this expanding market includes some of the top-selling items on Etsy. From canvas and posters to digital art and selling photography prints on Etsy.
What you can sell under the Art & Collectibles section:
- Artist Trading Cards
- Fiber Arts
- Photography Prints
- POD Designs
Many sellers explore how to sell prints on Etsy since it’s a convenient way to make money and get your talents out there. Selling art prints on Etsy as digital downloads and printables is a great way to offer your handmade products without shipping costs and other large up-front expenses.
List your Etsy prints for sale and attract the vast audience that comes with this eCommerce marketplace. Selling prints on Etsy is good not only for your business but for your brand and name as well.
Baby Items: Sell Clothing, Toys, and More
This rapidly expanding category has a range of potential best-sellers. With the global baby accessory market forecast to grow to over $82.5 billion by 2026, there’s an opportunity for growth over the upcoming years.
Baby items can cover just about anything baby-related. The real treasures within this category are:
- Baby Clothes. Bodysuits, rompers, dresses, and other clothing for babies are in full demand. From useful and practical to cute and matching outfits.
- Baby Accessories. Beanies, hair bows, scarves, bibs, and other accessories are perfect for personalizing every baby’s attire and everyday activities.
- Baby Furniture. Feeding chairs, feeding mats, changing pads, personalized swings, rocking chairs, and everything in between make the ideal nursery for every little boy or girl.
- Teethers and Rattlers. We all know the struggle of teething pain and tantrums. That’s where rattlers and teethers come in handy. These custom items are in high demand all year round.
- Baby Toys. From eco-friendly wooden toys to educational toys and games, plushies, musical toys, and any other kinds that will make your smallest Etsy customers happy.
Kitchen Supplies: Sell Mugs on Etsy, and More
Kitchen supplies are always in demand, with the global kitchenware market expected to reach $77.4 billion by 2025. From drink and barware, kitchen decor to bakeware, appliances, and selling mugs on Etsy. Kitchen supplies make the ideal personalized gifts that are practical, fun, and stylish.
What to sell under the kitchen supplies category:
Pet Supplies: Make Custom Products for Our Furry Friends
With over 90 million US households owning pets, their products and supplies are a huge and growing industry. Products in this category are some of the best-selling items on Etsy since every responsible pet owner wants to not only spoil their little furballs with fancy toys and treats but provide nothing but the best for them daily.
There is a wide range of pet supplies to sell on Etsy:
- Collars and Leashes. These cute accessories are not only pretty but useful as well. They help customers tell their furry friends apart and keep them safe.
- Supplies. Pet bowls, feeding mats, scratching trees, pee pads, and other supplies make the everyday life of a pet easy and breezy.
- Clothing, Shoes, and Accessories. From cute little tops to practical raincoats, little booties, bandanas, and tags for pets.
- Bedding. Offer comfortable, soft, cozy, and customized pet beds on your online store in all shapes, styles, and sizes.
- Carriers and Houses. Every responsible pet owner is looking for the best and safest way to transport their furry best friends and house them properly.
- Toys. Just as with babies, people love to spoil, distract, and educate their pets with cute, practical, and cool toys.
Pick your favorite to sell on Etsy in this top-selling category.
Shoes: Fill Your Etsy Store With Fashionable Footwear
With the global footwear market worth over $488 billion in 2022 and strong growth of over 7% forecast over the next few years, this market is perfect for Etsy merchants. You can start offering shoes customized with unique designs.
This is the ideal online marketplace for showcasing your badass designs on a wide range of shoe types.
Since Etsy’s original idea was to sell vintage or handmade items, this is your chance to be among the top Etsy sellers by offering creative, modern, or vintage options for various types of shoes. Footwear sells, and this is your chance to be a part of a large-scale market with custom shoes.
Toys & Entertainment: Sell Items That Make Great Gifts
This broad category is full of potential top Etsy sellers, as the global toys and games market size reached $291.72 billion in 2021. Toys, puzzles, and games on Etsy belong in this category as they are not only suitable for top-notch entertainment but also serve as the perfect gifts – fun and practical.
Electronics & Accessories: Sell Items Etsy Shoppers Love and Need
This category offers lots of potential products for every Etsy shop to succeed. With the Electronics & Accessories markets being some of the biggest in the world, this is the category to try your hand in. From helpful gadgets to accessories of all kinds for everyday use, hobbies, gaming, commuting, and more.
Subcategories are bursting with top-selling items on Etsy, such as
Become a top Etsy seller and offer a wide range of car, phone, and practical accessories and useful products on your online shop to boost traffic and sales within the platform.
Vintage Items: Explore The Aesthetic that Dominates Etsy
For items listed as verified vintage products on Etsy, they must be at least twenty years old. While this may rule out many potential best-selling items, many of the biggest Etsy sellers harness the vintage aesthetic.
Vintage is a separate category on Etsy, meaning vintage items sell. Many people will gladly buy something that has been around for a long time instead of a modern item. It’s the old, unique appeal that catches the attention of potential buyers.
- Vintage Clothing and Shoes
- Vintage Jewelry
- Vintage Tools
- Vintage Furniture
- Vintage Home Decor (table runners, curtains, rugs, pillows)
- Vintage Records
- Vintage Books
- Antique Postcards
- Vintage Art and Posters
- Antique Charms
- Vintage Kitchenware, and more.
However, if the item itself is not vintage, that doesn’t mean it can’t have that vintage vibe everyone raves about. From vintage designs and patterns to looks and styles.
Interested in a customizable product with a vintage feel? Our one-piece swimsuit can be personalized with your classic designs to create vintage swimwear to sell on Etsy.
Why Choose Etsy?
Etsy is one of the fastest growing online marketplaces globally, and with the Etsy app being one of the most downloaded shopping apps in the US, Etsy is one of the most popular eCommerce marketplaces worldwide.
- Easy Setup
- Low Costs
- Immerse Traffic to Draw From
- No Hosting Fees
Etsy is one of the best sites to sell on, with its easy and beginner-friendly interface and large audience to use to your advantage. Focus on ideas while Etsy’s popularity draws traffic directly to you.
How to Start Selling on Etsy with Printify
Step 1: Create a Printify account
Setting up your account with Printify is super easy. Simply add your contact details and information like your chosen payment method and store name.
Step 2: Choose Your Products and Add Designs
With the largest global print network, there are over 700 products available for you to customize. Browse our catalog and decide which custom products are perfect for you to sell on Etsy.
Printify’s free Mockup Generator enables anybody to effortlessly upload their designs and create a high-quality mockup image of your custom products to sell on Etsy. You can add realistic images of your finished product to your shop and product pages.
Step 3: Connect Your Etsy Store
Printify effortlessly integrates with Etsy. Connect your store in minutes and easily list your products using our mockup photos, product details, and description for top-quality listings.
Step 4: Publish Your Products and Let Print Providers Fulfill Your Orders
Once you’ve integrated your Etsy shop with Printify, you can easily publish your products automatically and start making sales. All order operations are automated, and our print providers will print, package, and ship the products directly to your end customer.
Create your own best-selling Etsy items today with this quick breakdown. From coffee mugs to personalized holiday cards, digital prints, wedding invitations, and even wall art, there’s a wide range of inspiration for every top Etsy seller.
Which are the top-selling items for your Etsy business? Are there any products worth selling that we didn’t mention on this list? Give us a shout in the comments below.
Make It Happen Today!
Share the article