“New Year, New Designs” T-Shirt Challenge
Out with the old, in with the new! It’s time for all our talented designers to participate in another Printify Design Challenge that’s packed with amazing prizes.
Enter our contest for a chance to win a cash reward and a bonus gift as well!
February 01 - February 07, 2022
Our challenge begins on February 1 and the final theme will be announced on February 07, 2022. During these 7 days, you will have to create 7 unique designs. Each day, you will receive a new theme via email.
On February 08 you will receive an email with instructions as to where to upload all 7 of your designs. You will have 24 hours to upload all your designs to the link shared in our email instructions.
All 7 designs must be submitted by February 9, 2022 at 11:59 PM.
Winners will be announced on February 22, 2022.
The Challenge Begins!
More about the tasks
Size: The recommended size for the design is 3600 x 4800 px, maximum resolution 23000 x 23000 px. See our design guide here.
Deliverable: Once you create the design, you have to place it on a Printify t-shirt and save the preview image.
To do so, please go to: T-shirts >> select the t-shirt you like >> click on ‘’Start designing’’ >> upload your design and click Preview. Then, click on ‘’Download’’ button on the bottom left corner on the preview page.
Still confused? Check this video to see how to upload your design on a product.
What do I do with the image? Save that image in a folder. On February 8th, we will send you an email with a link to a form where you will have to upload all 7 images which you created. You will have 24 hours to upload those images.
What judges had to say
What will I have to do in the challenge?
- Create a design according to the daily challenge theme
- Head into our Mockup Generator and place those designs on any t-shirt of your choice from the Printify Catalog. You may choose any t-shirt type and color you like.
- Click ”Preview” in the mockup generator and save that image on your computer. You can do so by clicking on ”download mockups’’ button on the bottom left corner.
A total of 7 designs, placed on any t-shirt from our catalog.
Don’t know how it works? Check out this video to see how to upload your design on a Printify product.
Bonus Reward - Make 5 Sales and Get a Printify Hoodie!
Did you know that you can actually monetize your designs by selling custom merch? If not, this is your chance to make those first sales and win a free Printify Hoodie!
And it’s super simple:
- Step 1: Watch our guide on how to setup your Etsy store
- Step 2: Publish your designs on your Etsy store
(or your existing store if you already have one)
- Step 3: Make at least 5x sales & get a Printify Hoodie!
If you make at least 5x sales with your new designs during the period of February 1 to February 15, you will receive this Printify hoodie as a reward. To receive a hoodie you will have to open a Printify account (use the same email as the email you used to sign up). IMPORTANT: If you already have a Printify account, make sure it’s linked to the same email as the one you signed up for the challenge. This will be used to verify your sales.
Choosing the winner
Once participants submit their designs, our committee of 3 experts will rate every single design on a scale of 1 to 10.
Each expert will rate based on a certain criteria:
- The quality of the design. How well-executed is the design from a designer’s standpoint. (judged by a professional designer)
- Its fit for the print-on-demand industry, meaning how sellable the t-shirt is (judged by a print-on-demand expert)
- The message/idea of the design (judged by a Printify employee)
The top 3 participants who will receive the highest cumulative score will win the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place respectively.
Winners will be announced on February 22nd, 2022.
Terms and Conditions
1. Participants must be 18 years and Above.
2. Each design has to comply with the Daily Design Theme.
3. All designs must be submitted by February 9th, through the link which you will receive on February 8th via email
4. You are NOT allowed to use copyrighted designs. Copyrighted designs will be disqualified.
5. All designs must be created by you. You are not allowed to use someone else’s designs or use stock images.
6. You are not allowed to use old designs. You must create new designs to participate in the challenge.
7. Every participant keeps full ownership over their designs.
8. All designs must meet the requirements from the design guide here. Make sure to read it carefully before you start working on your designs.
9. You must submit a total of 7 mockup images of your designs, placed on any t-shirt in the Printify Catalog to qualify for the challenge.
10. Content that contains any of the below is prohibited and may also lead to termination of your account and participation in the challenge:
- Child Exploitation
- Harassment, Bullying, Defamation and Threats
- Hateful Content
- Illegal Activities
- Intellectual Property: You may not post or upload Content that infringes on the copyright or trademarks of others
- Personal and Confidential Information
- Terrorist Organizations
11. To qualify for a free Printify Hoodie: Fulfill at least 5 orders between February 1 and February 15.
12. Note that your Printify email must be the same as the email with which you signed up for the challenge. Those 5 orders must come from a sales channel (Etsy, Shopify, woocommerce, etc). Sample orders do not count.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When does the challenge start?
The challenge starts on February 01, 2022 and it ends on February 07, 2022.
2. Where can I find the design tasks?
You will receive the daily design challenge via email. Additionally, you can add your phone number when signing up for the challenge to receive an SMS notification.
3. I cannot find the email with the daily task.
In case you cannot find the email, please check your spam folder. If the email is not there, please write us a message at [email protected] and we will get back to you.
4. Can I upload just the design file?
No. Participants must upload a mockup image of your design on any t-shirt from the Printify catalog.
5. In which area should I place the design on the t-shirt?
This is completely up to you. You can place the design on the front or back of the t-shirt. You may also choose the size of your design. When submitting your mockup image, make sure your design is clearly visible and showcased.
6. Can I choose any t-shirt color?
Yes, you can choose any t-shirt color from our catalog. There are no restrictions.
7. Can I upload all designs on the last day?
On February 8, 2022 (after the last design task is shared), you will receive an email with a google drive link where you will have to upload all the designs. However, we highly recommend you to work on the designs daily, so you are not left with 7 tasks on the last day. This may improve the quality of your designs and increase the chances of you winning the contest.
8. What if I miss the deadline?
You will no longer be able to upload any designs after the deadline of February 9th, 2022 at 11:59 PM.
9. Can I contact someone in case I need support?
Yes. If you have any questions regarding the challenge, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
10. Can I still participate if I don’t have excellent designing skills?
Yes, you can still participate in our challenge as it’s open to everyone, regardless of skill level or experience.
11. Can I use a design I found in google or in stocks (if they are not copyrighted)?
No. You cannot use someone else’s designs, even if they are not copyrighted. All designs must be created by you.
12. Can I open a store and start selling?
We highly encourage participants to open their own print on demand store and start selling. Check out this guide and video on how to open a store with Printify.
13. How can I win the Printify Hoodie?
Fulfill at least 5 orders between (Feb 1-Feb 15). Note that your Printify email must be the same as the email with which you signed up for the challenge. Those 5 orders must come from a sales channel (Etsy, Shopify, woocommerce, etc). Sample orders do not count.