BoOctober T-shirt Challenge
This is your chance to get amazing prizes, test your skills in graphic design or start your own print-on-demand business.
About the challenge
Challenges – quite often they terrify us but when it’s reward time, you win big – scary big! This year you get to express that inner terror during our Halloween challenge!
Printify is challenging you to create 7 unique Halloween-themed designs in 7 days. Each day, you will get a new task, where you get to show us how frighteningly creative you can get.
Participants keep 100% ownership rights for all designs submitted to the contest. Printify and other contestants do not have any ownership or rights to use your submission.
The winner gets eerie-sistible prices, in cash!
7 deadly sins? 7 horrors of the world? It’s all fair-game as long as you keep it spooky, magical, whimsical, and straight up terrifying! Once your design is ready, you place it on a t-shirt of your choice from our Printify Catalog and upload it to a provided link. (full instructions below!)
October 11 - October 17, 2021
Your designs will be reviewed by industry experts and fellow design professionals. This is your chance to get spooktacular prizes, test your skills in graphic design, or even start your own print-on-demand business.
What judges had to say
“I thought there were a lot of people that had submitted some great looking designs. From a technical aspect – a lot of them did a great job but what I found to be a common theme was that a lot of the shirts had no real niche. Halloween is for sure a fun time, and people laugh at silly designs, but the best way to make sales during a holiday is to combine a niche theme with the holiday for your designs. I saw a few examples of this in the submissions that I think could be a best seller if marketed the right way!”
Print on Demand Expert and the creator of POD Ninjas Facebook group
“Creating emotion in designs is the best way to gain attention and make people connect with what you sell. It’s important to utilize storytelling to achieve this. I found myself really enjoying the creative ways people found to connect with the subject. Either through comedic, dramatic, or inspiring approaches. Some took it to the next level and I’m looking forward to seeing these products in stores.”
Emilio from Printify
Multimedia Design Team Lead at Printify
“This event really tests the Designers to think creatively because there is a different theme every day. The results also vary from illustrations to photo manipulations, they all look great.”
Graphic Designer and a YouTube influencer
Registration is closed and the challenge begins!
Size: The recommended size for the design is 3600 x 4800 px, maximum resolution 23000 x 23000 px. See our design guide here.
Deliverable: Once you create the design, you have to place it on a Printify t-shirt and save the preview image.
To do so, please go to: T-shirts >> select the t-shirt you like >> click on ‘’Start designing’’ >> upload your design and click Preview. Then, click on ‘’Download’’ button on the bottom left corner on the preview page.
Still confused? Check this video to see how to upload your design on a product.
What do I do with the image? Save that image in a folder. On October 18, we will send you an email with a link to a form where you will have to upload all 7 images which you created. You will have 24 hours to upload those images (until October 19th, 11:59 pm EST).
What will I have to do?
- During the challenge, you will receive one daily Halloween design theme to create each day.
- Create one awesome design in the theme provided for the challenge, (7 designs in total).
- Using the Printify Mockup Generator, place your design(s) on any t-shirt of your choice from the Printify Catalog. You may choose any t-shirt color you like.
- Click ”Preview” in the mockup generator and save that image on your computer. You can do so by right click >> save image as… or by taking a screenshot from the mockup generator.
- On October 18, you will receive a link and you will have 24 hours to upload all the 7 designs you created during this challenge.
- Once the design submission form is closed (on October 19th at 11:59 EST), judges will have 3 days to score the designs and announce the winners.
- The top 3 participants with the highest scores will be the winners of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place respectively.
A total of 7 designs that are placed on any t-shirt from our catalog. You can choose any t-shirt type and t-shirt color that you like.
Don’t know how it works? Check this video to see how to upload your design on a Printify product.
Choosing the winner
Once the challenge is over and the submission form is closed (on October 19th), our committee of 3 experts will have 3 days to rate the designs on a scale of 1 to 10.
Each expert will rate based on a certain criteria:
- The quality of the design: How well executed the design is from a designer’s standpoint (judged by a professional designer).
- Its fit for the print-on-demand industry: How sellable the t-shirt is (judged by a print on demand expert).
- The message/idea of the design (judged by a Printify employee).
The top 3 participants who will receive the highest cumulative score will win the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place respectively.
The challenge starts on October 11, 2021 at 12:00 am EST and it ends on October 17, at 11:59 pm EST.
Once the challenge begins, the design tasks will be published on this page and sent to each participant via email. So, make sure to check your inbox regularly throughout the challenge period (October 11th – 17th) to not miss any task.
On October 18th, each participant will receive an email with a link where to upload all 7 designs and they will have 24 hours to do so. So make sure to save all 7 images to your computer and upload them at the end of the challenge.
No. You must upload a mockup image of your design on any t-shirt from the Printify catalog.
This is completely up to you. You can place the design on the front or back of the t-shirt. You may also choose the size of your design. When submitting your mockup image, make sure your design is clearly visible and showcased.
Yes, you can choose any t-shirt color from our catalog. There are no restrictions.
Yes, you can. However, we highly recommend that you create one design per day and save it on your computer. This may improve the quality of your designs, increasing the chances of you winning the contest.
You will no longer be able to upload any designs after the deadline. On October 18th, each participant will receive an email with a link to a form where they will have to upload their designs, and they will have 24 hours to do so. Thus, if the participant fails to upload their designs to the form until October 19th 11:59 pm EST, the participant will be disqualified.
Yes. If you have any questions regarding the challenge, please reach out to us at [email protected] and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
We highly encourage participants to open their own print on demand store and start selling. Check out this guide about how to open a store with Printify: Step-by-Step Guide on How to Make Money Online Without Any Investment
Terms and Conditions
1. Participants must be 18 years and Above.
2. Each design has to comply with the Daily Design Theme.
3. All designs must be submitted by October 19, 11:59 pm EST.
4. Participants are not allowed to use copyrighted designs. Copyrighted designs will be disqualified.
5. You must not copy or reshare, or use in any other way other participant designs.
6. All designs must meet the requirements from the design guide here. Make sure to read it carefully before you start working on your designs.
7. Users must submit a total of 7 mockup images of their designs on any t-shirt in the Printify Catalog.
8. You will need a Printify account to choose a t-shirt from the catalog. Click on start designing and upload your design then right click and save the image to the device. Alternatively, you may take a screenshot of the mockup image and upload it.
9. Content that contains any of the below is prohibited and may also lead to termination of Your account and participation in the challenge:
– Child Exploitation
– Harassment, Bullying, Defamation and Threats
– Hateful Content
– Illegal Activities
– Intellectual Property: You may not post or upload Content that infringes on the copyright or trademarks of others
– Personal and Confidential Information
– Terrorist Organizations
10. Ownership Rights of Submitted Art – Please note that for all art you submit to the Booctober contest, you keep 100% of ownership rights. Printify and other contestants do not have any ownership or rights to use your submission.