Printify API Terms of Service
108 West 13th Street,
Wilmington 19801, Delaware
Last Updated: March 18, 2019
Thank you for choosing to integrate with Printify. Before you get started, please read these API Terms of Service carefully, as they set out the rules for how we run our application programming interface (API) and describe your rights and responsibilities when integrating with it. We have tried to make it as clear as possible. In addition to the full legal terms and text, we have provided short non-binding summaries with each clause. These summaries do not aim to replace or misrepresent the full text.
Summary: These terms are used throughout the Printify API Terms of Service and it’s important that you understand what we are referring to when we use them. Terms not defined in this section shall have the meaning provided elsewhere in the Terms of Service.
- “API credentials
” refersto the authentication details (personal access token/Client ID and Client Secret) used to authenticate requests to the Printify API endpoints/ used to access the Printify app and share information between “Your Application” and the Printify app.
- “Application” refers to any software application, functionality, website, product or service that you create or use to access the Printify API.
- “Content” refers to content featured or displayed through the Website, including without limitation text, data, articles, images, photographs, graphics, software, applications, designs, features, and other materials that are available on the Website or otherwise available through the Service. “Content” also includes Services. “User-Generated Content” is Content, written or otherwise, created or uploaded by our Users. “Your Content” is Content that You create
orown, otherwise, Printify manages and retains rights to the Content.
- “Customer” means a customer of the Merchant.
- “Customer Data” means information (including Personal Information) relating to a Customer, including order information, payment information, or account information.
- “Developer” refers to an individual or entity that develops, owns or operates one or more Application(s) that accesses or uses the Printify API.
- “Individual Merchant” or “Merchant” refers to an individual, company or organization that uses the Service to sell products or services.
- “Merchant Data” means information (including Personal Information) relating to a Merchant or Merchant Shop, including business, financial and product information and any Customer Data.
- “Printify application programming interface” or “Printify API” refers to all software, including routines, data structures, object classes, protocols, programs, templates, libraries and interfaces, application programming interfaces (APIs), software development kits (SDKs), developer tools, technical documentation, updates and other related materials, whether tangible or intangible, in whatever form or medium that are made available by Printify or as otherwise provided to you for the purpose of integrating with the Printify Platform.
- “Personal Information” means any information relating to a natural person who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, a phone number, an email address, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or any other information specific to that natural person.
- “Printify Trademarks” refer to Printify, Printify.com, Printifyapp.com, and other Printify graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts and service names
- “Sales Channels” or “Stores” refers to the other websites and platforms that an Individual Merchant uses to sell their Products, including but not limited to Shopify, Woocommerce, or Etsy.
- “Shop” refers to an individual shop under a Merchant’s account that connects to a store.
- “User”, “You” and “Your” refers to the individual person, company, or organization that has visited or is using the Website or Service; that accesses or uses any part of the
account;or that directs the use of the account in the performance of its functions
- “Update” refers to bug fixes, updates, upgrades, enhancements, modifications
andnew releases or versions of the Printify API.
- “Us” and “We” refers to Printify, Inc., as well as our affiliates, directors, subsidiaries, contractors, licensors, officers, agents, and employees.
Summary: Integrating with Printify in no way makes you an employee of Printify and also doesn’t stop us from developing competing functionality for our platform. As long as we don’t use your confidential information to do so.
1. Agreements. When You use Our Services and Content, You are agreeing to:
- These API Terms of Service
- Our Intellectual Property Policy
- Our Terms of Service
- Any other terms or policies we reference in any of the above.
2. Scope. Except as they may be supplemented by additional terms and conditions, policies, guidelines or standards, these API Terms of Service constitute the entire Agreement between Printify and You pertaining to the subject matter hereof, and supersede any and all prior oral or written understandings or agreements between Printify and You in relation to the access to and use of the Service.
3. Competitive or Similar Materials. Printify is not precluded from discussing, reviewing, developing for itself, having developed, acquiring, licensing, or developing for or by third parties, as well as marketing and distributing materials, products or services which are competitive with Developer’s products or services, including any Application, regardless of their similarity to Developer’s products or services, provided that Printify does not use Developer’s Confidential Information in doing so.
4. Independent Contractors. The parties to the Terms are independent contractors. Neither party is an agent, representative or related entity of the other party. Neither party shall have any right, power or authority to enter into any agreement for, or on behalf of, or incur any obligation or liability of, or otherwise bind, the other party. The Terms shall not be interpreted or construed to create an association, agency, joint venture or partnership between the parties or to impose any liability attributable to such a relationship upon either party.
5. Non-Exclusivity. Nothing in the Terms is intended to create, nor shall it be construed as creating, any exclusive arrangement between the parties to the Terms. The Terms shall not restrict either party from entering into similar arrangements with others, provided it does not breach its obligations under the Terms by doing so, including any confidentiality obligations.
6. Patent Non-Assertion. Developer and its affiliates agree not to assert patent infringement claims against Printify, or Printify products and services including the Printify API.
7. Enforceability. If any provision of these API Terms of Service is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision will be struck and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
Questions about the Terms of Service? Contact us.
C. When Do These Terms Apply?
Summary: By using Printify, you are agreeing to all the terms below.
By using the Service or the Printify API, You are agreeing, on behalf of Yourself and those You represent, to comply with and be legally bound by this Agreement and all applicable laws. If You do not agree with any provision of these API Terms of Service, You must discontinue the registration process, discontinue Your use of the Service, and, if You are already registered, cancel Your account.
D. Changes to the Printify API and Documentation
Summary: We can change the API and the related documentation, and if the changes are big, we’ll let you know.
As Printify is constantly evolving, we reserve the right to make changes to our API and, require Developers to update any integrations to continue using the Printify API and the Service. Any changes that affect your current and continued use of the Printify API, will be sent to the developer communication email you provide when authenticating your app.
Developers must implement and use the most current version of the Printify API and make any changes to their Application that are required as a result of such Updates, at their sole cost and expense.
Printify reserves the right to revise the API Terms of Service from time to time and the most current version will always be posted on our Website. If a revision, in our sole discretion, is material we will notify You. The “Last Updated” date at the top of the Terms of Service reflects the date of the last modification. Your use of the Printify API following the effective date of any modifications to the API Terms of Service will constitute your acceptance of such modification/Update.
E. Using the Printify API
Summary: Printify gives you access to our API but you have to use it responsibly or access will be revoked. Additionally, you can share your API keys but you are responsible for any negative repercussions and must ensure data security for all Printify Merchants and their customers.
1. Accessing the Printify API
If you are accessing and using the Printify API as a Platform, you may only do so with the express authorization of the account owner for the applicable Merchant Shop, and only for the purposes of providing your Application’s service to the Merchant to whom the private API Credentials relate.
2. Can I share my API credentials?
API Credentials are the exclusive property of Printify and your access to and use of API Credentials is in Printify’s sole discretion. You may share your credentials with a third party but Printify is not liable for any damages or misconduct caused by any third parties while using your credentials. You are responsible for ensuring that all data protection and security needs according to the GDPR and any Data Processing Agreement you may sign with Printify are met.
3. Can I Use Printify API On Behalf of Other Entity?
If you are accessing or using the Printify API on behalf of another entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that entity to the Terms and by accepting the Terms, you are doing so on behalf of that entity (and all references to “you” in the API Terms refer to that entity).
4.Your license to access Printify API
Subject to the restrictions below, upon providing you with API credentials, we grant you a non-exclusive, worldwide, non-transferable, limited license to access and use our API (and documentation) only for the purpose to develop, test and support an integration of Your Application with Printify. You may charge for your Application; however, you may not sell, rent, lease, sublicense, redistribute, or syndicate access to any of our APIs.
5. Printify API Restrictions
Your license to access Printify API and its documentation is limited and subject to compliance with the Printify Terms of Service and the Printify API Terms. Further, you will (and will ensure that your employees, agents and service providers will):
- only use the Printify API to develop and distribute Applications or Content for your use or a Merchant’s use with the Service;
- restrict disclosure of the API Credentials, or any part thereof, to your agents, employees, or services providers, who must require access to use, maintain, implement, correct or update your Application in accordance with the Terms, and who are subject to confidentiality obligations the same as or greater than those contained herein;
- not distribute, sell, lease, rent, lend, transfer, assign or sublicense any rights granted by the Terms to any third party;
- not use or access the Printify API or the Service in order to monitor the availability, performance, or functionality of the Printify API, the Service or any portion thereof or for any similar benchmarking purposes;
- not engage in any activity that interferes with, disrupts, harms, damages, or accesses in an unauthorized manner the servers, security, networks, data, applications or other properties or services of Printify or its partners or Providers;
- not circumvent technological measures intended to prevent direct database access, or manufacture tools or products to that effect;
- not modify, translate, reverse engineer, disassemble, reconstruct, decompile, copy, or create derivative works of the Printify API, Merchant Data, any Merchant Shop, the Services, or any aspect or portion thereof, except to the extent that this restriction is expressly prohibited by applicable law;
- not bypass Printify API restrictions for any reason;
- not develop Applications that excessively burden the Printify system, distribute spyware, adware or other commonly objectionable programs;
- not develop an Application whose purpose is to migrate Merchants off of the Printify platform, whether intentionally or not;
- not access or use the Printify API to develop or distribute the Application in any way in furtherance of criminal, fraudulent, or other unlawful activity.
- not request more than the minimum amount of data from the Printify API needed by your Application to provide the Merchant the intended Application functionality, or any data outside any permissions granted by the Merchant; and
- not falsify or alter any unique identifier in, or assigned to your Application, or otherwise obscure or alter the source of queries coming from an Application.
F. Privacy and Data security
Summary: Printify holds privacy and data security in high regard. We ask of you to do the same.
- Prior to Developer accessing a Merchant’s Shop or any Merchant Data, the Merchant must grant the Developer access:
- through a consent screen, provided by Printify and which is described in the API documentation, at the time the Application requests access for the integration with the Merchant’s Printify account; or
- by securely sharing the Merchant’s Private API Credentials (the Personal Access Token).
- Any other access to or use of Merchant’s Shop or Merchant Data by Developer is strictly prohibited and is a violation of the Terms.
- Developer will have in place and will present the Merchant with a Merchant Agreement that contains provisions at least as protective of Printify as those in these Terms. Developer must inform Merchants in the Merchant Agreement that:
- Developer is solely responsible for the Application;
- Printify is not liable for any fault in the Application or any harm that may result from its installation or use;
- Printify cannot provide assistance with the installation or use of the Application; and
- Developer is solely responsible for any liability which may arise from a Merchant’s access to or use of the Application, including: (A) the development, use, marketing or distribution of or access to the Application, including support of the Application; or (B) Developer’s access, use, distribution or storage of Merchant Data.
- the services to be provided by the Developer’s Application;
- the Merchant Data that will be accessed by the Application in order to provide such services;
- how the Merchant Data will be used and transferred to third parties, if applicable; and
- the Developer’s contact information. Developer will respond reasonably promptly to any questions regarding its privacy practices.
- If you access Merchant Data, you will (and will ensure that your employees, agents and service providers will):
- not share, sell, disclose or otherwise provide such information to any third party, except as provided for in the Terms;
- provide the Merchant (or where required by applicable law, the Customer) with access to a structured, commonly used, and machine readable copy of any Personal Information that you have that relates to such Merchant or Customer from whom you receive the request, and provide them with an opportunity to correct this information;
- not use information from Merchants or Customers for competitive benchmarking;
- not communicate with Customers directly or indirectly, provided however that Developer may contact Customers if the information is obtained from another source, such as from the Customers themselves, or if Developer has obtained consent to do so in the Merchant Agreement;
- ensure that you have obtained effective consent from the applicable individual, to the extent such consent is legally required, before you provide Printify with information that you independently collected from them;
- not directly or indirectly transfer any data you receive from Printify (including anonymous, aggregate or derived data) to any third party or any other Application you may own, except as necessary to provide your Application’s services or if expressly authorized by the Merchant;
- not put Merchant Data or any other data you receive from Printify in a search engine or directory, or include web search functionality on Printify, except as necessary to provide your Application’s services;
- promptly notify Printify of any actual or suspected breach or compromise of Merchant Data (a “Data Breach”) within twenty-four (24) hours of becoming aware of such occurrence. Upon learning of the Data Breach, at your own cost, you will: (A) promptly remedy the Data Breach to prevent any further loss of Merchant Data; (B) investigate the incident; (C) take reasonable actions to mitigate any future anticipated harm to Printify, Printify Providers, partners,, Merchants or Customers; and (D) promptly answer questions from Printify relating to the Data Breach, regularly communicate the progress of your investigation to Printify and cooperate to provide Printify with any additional requested information in a timely manner.
- You will (and will ensure that your employees, agents and service providers will) comply with all applicable local, state, provincial, national or international laws or regulations, and policies of regulatory bodies or agencies, including:
- the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation 2016/679 or “GDPR”);
- the ePrivacy Directive (Directive 2002/58/EC) or any local or European law implementing or replacing the same;
- the Canadian Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (S.C. 2000, c. 5);
- the Federal Trade Commission Act of 1914 (15 U.S.C. § 43); and
- the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (15 U.S.C. § 6501-6505) or any regulations implemented pursuant thereto.
G. Printify Trademarks
Summary: We take intellectual property rights seriously and we kindly ask you to respect ours. You can however, use our image to show that your app integrates with Printify.
Printify hereby grants to Developer a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable and non-transferable license during the term to display the Printify Trademarks for the sole purpose of notifying Customers that the Application is compatible with the Service. Developer acknowledges and agrees that: (i) it will use Printify’s Trademarks only as permitted hereunder; (ii) it will use the Printify Trademarks in a lawful manner and in strict compliance with all format(s), guidelines, standards and other requirements prescribed by Printify in writing from time to time; (iii) the Printify Trademarks are and shall remain the sole property of Printify; (iv) nothing in these Terms shall confer on Developer any right of ownership in the Printify Trademarks and all use thereof by Developer shall inure to the benefit of Printify; (v) Developer shall not, now or in the future, apply for or contest the validity of any Printify Trademarks; and (vi) Developer shall not, now or in the future, apply for or use any term or mark confusingly similar to any Printify Trademarks.
H. User-generated content
Summary: All content you upload is owned by you or you certify that you have the rights to use it. If we are notified or if we believe that the content is not yours, or if the content doesn’t meet our standards, we will remove it at our discretion. By uploading content to Printify, you allow us to use your content for things like marketing and education of Printify users. Please read this section carefully before creating or uploading any Content to our platform:
- By submitting Your Content to our platform you are granting Printify a worldwide, non-exclusive license to use Your Content and are representing and warranting to Printify that the content is owned or duly licensed by you, and that Printify is free to publish, distribute and use the Content as hereinafter provided for without obtaining permission or license from any third party. In order to make Products, you hereby grant to Printify a royalty free, worldwide, transferable, non-exclusive right and license to use your content to fulfill orders and for marketing and education of Printify users.
- You are solely responsible for your conduct and any text, images, photographs, graphics files, works of authorship, applications, links and other content or materials that you create or upload via our API, whether the Content originates from you or from your customers or clients. You acknowledge that we have no direct contractual relationship with your customers or clients and agree that you will be liable under these Terms for Service submitted by your customers or clients, as if it had been submitted by you.
- Printify allows for product creation via API. Products and orders created via API without using the Printify Mockup Generator are not subject to the standard Printify Quality Check process.
Summary: Printify has the right to appoint an independent auditor to check your application and make sure it follows our rules. You agree to cooperate.
Printify reserves the right to audit/appoint an independent auditor, under appropriate non-disclosure conditions, to audit Your Application, systems and records to ensure their compliance with our terms and policies, and that you’ve complied with our requests and requests from Merchants or Customers, as applicable, to delete Merchant Data obtained through the Printify API or otherwise through the Service. You agree that you will cooperate with inquiries related to such an audit and provide us with proof that Your Application complies with our terms and policies.
Summary: Printify can cancel your access to the API at any time and reason if we feel you are not following the rules. If you are a platform, you understand that we will also contact our merchants who use your platform to ensure their optimal user experience.
1. Can Printify terminate or suspend my access to the Printify API?
Printify reserves the right to terminate or suspend Your access to the Printify API for any reason and at any time and without liability or other obligation to You. Without limiting the foregoing, Printify may terminate your right to use the Printify API if you violate the API Terms or any documents incorporated by reference in the Terms.
2.What if I decide to stop using Printify’s API?
You may stop using our APIs at any time with or without notice.
3. Upon discontinuation of your access to the Printify API:
- you will immediately stop using the API;
- each party shall return to the other party, or destroy (and provide certification of such destruction), all property of the other party in its possession or control (including all Confidential Information)
- cease all use of the Printify Trademarks;
- all rights granted to Developer hereunder will immediately cease, including the right of Developer to access and use the Printify API.
4. Platform Termination
In case of termination or suspension of a Platform’s access to the Printify API, it is the Platform’s responsibility to ensure that all Individual Merchants who access or use the Platform Application are aware of the risk that they may be negatively affected by such an event. However, Printify reserves the right to independently communicate with any Merchant whose account(s) are associated with your API credentials to provide notice of the termination of your right to use the Printify API.
K. Disclaimer of warranty
Summary: You have the permission and legal authority to enter into this contract and you understand that our service is provided as it is now and as it is available.
- You represent and warrant that you have validly entered into the Contract and have the legal capacity and authority to do so.
- THE SERVICE AND THE PRINTIFY API, INCLUDING ITS DOCUMENTATION AND OTHER RELATED INFORMATION, ARE PROVIDED BY US “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE” AND ARE PROVIDED WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE, ALL OF WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED, SAVE TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED BY LAW. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, PRINTIFY FURTHER DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, THAT THE SERVICE OR THE PRINTIFY API SATISFIES ALL OF YOUR OR THE INDIVIDUAL MERCHANT’S REQUIREMENTS, OR WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, ERROR-FREE OR FREE FROM HARMFUL COMPONENTS. SOME STATES/COUNTRIES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
L. Limitation of liability
Summary: We are not responsible for any losses you incur as a result of using our service. We are not responsible if you break the law or breach this agreement and are sued as a result. Please read this section carefully; it limits our obligation and responsibilities to you.
1. IN NO EVENT SHALL PRINTIFY BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PROFITS, OR LOSS OF DATA, WHETHER IN AN ACTION IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE), EQUITY OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF THIS SERVICE OR THE PRINTIFY API. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
2. You acknowledge that the relationship between an Individual Merchant and a Developer is strictly between the Individual Merchant and the Developer, and Printify is not obligated to intervene in any dispute arising between the Individual Merchant and the Developer. Under no circumstances shall Printify be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, punitive, extraordinary, exemplary or other damages whatsoever, that result from or relate to the Developer’s relationship with any Individual Merchant.
3. You agree to indemnify and defend Printify, its officer, directors, agents, affiliates, employees, advertises, or providers (collectively, the “The Printify Indemnified Parties”) from and against any and all third party claims, actions, suits, proceedings, demands, debts or liabilities (collectively “Claim Against Us”) and will indemnify “The Printify Indemnified Parties” for all attorney’s fees incurred, of every kind and nature, damages and other costs finally awarded against a Printify Indemnified Party in connection with or as a result of:
- your breach of any representation, warranty, obligation or covenant under these API Terms of Service;
- your misuse of the APIs;
- any warranty, condition, representation, indemnity or guarantee relating to Printify granted by you to a third party;
- any third party claim that your products or services, including any Application, infringes the intellectual property or other rights of a third party;
- the performance, non-performance or improper performance of the your products or services, including any Application;
- your relationship with any Merchant;
- data breach.
4. Printify shall provide You with prompt written notice of any Claim Against Us, which We believe falls within the scope of the indemnifications provided under the Terms. Printify reserves the right, but has no obligation to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you. You shall not make any admission on behalf of the Printify or agree to any terms or conditions that do or reasonably could result in any admission by, or the imposition of any liability upon, Printify without Our prior written approval.
M. Force majeure
Summary: Things happen that are out of our control. We will do everything reasonably possible to ensure that are platform is up and running, but you can’t hold us liable for things outside of our control.
Printify will not be held liable for any delays or failure in performance of any part of the Service or the Printify API, from any cause beyond Printify’s reasonable control. This includes, but is not limited to, acts of God, changes to law or regulations, embargoes, war, terrorist acts, riots, fires, earthquakes, floods, strikes, power blackouts, unusually severe weather conditions, denial-of-service attacks, acts of hackers or third-party internet service providers.